Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

This makes my day....or will make my March when it happens.

Those who have been around a while have heard me rave about The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, the first volume in Steig Larrson's incredible trilogy from Sweden about crime and politics featuring one of the most unusual and memorable heroine's in contemporary fiction. I liked the series so much that I went to Amazon UK to purchase the third volume well in advance of its US release this summer.

Well, the Swedish film based on that first book is going to be released in the US next month and it appears it's going to be equally good and will adhere to the novel's storyline:



According to my friend Andersson Anders, who lives in Uppsala, both Dragon and the second book, The Girl Who Played With Fire, have been turned into films to date:
The first one seems to be very good, the second one not quite up to par. I will wait here also for the TV series next year in six parts (I think) with a lot of stuff that were cut out of the theatrical versions.
The prospect of the TV series ever making to these shores are dim at best, but I'll be first in line if and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment