Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tina from Upper Darby.

Tina Fey is a local gal and for that and other reasons (she's just good), I've followed her career for a long time. Way back before her name became nationally recognized (so far back I can't even find a draft of it on the hard drive), I was working on a short story called "The Man Who Loved Tina Fey," which was about a crazy guy lusting after her on Saturday Night Live each weekend and what finally drove him over the edge.

Fey has just been named the winner of the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor from the Kennedy Center of the Performing Arts. She's the youngest winner to date. The award is clearly based on her work as head writer for SNL and as the creator and star of the excellent but overlooked by too many viewers 30 Rock.

I understand she did a very funny take-down of a minor political flash in the pan over the last year or so which got a lot of attention, but I can't imagine that it could be any funnier than the real thing.


1 comment:

  1. Did you read what she said about winning the Twain? "I assume Betty White was disqualified for steroid use."

    PS - I really ate this new "profile" stuff for posting comments (I know it's probably not under your control, but I just wanted to vent).

    ReplyDelete